Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Running in place

I got on the scale this morning. Wasn't planning on doing that until Feb 1st but just had to see what the scale said. I think I needed that slap in the face. I knew I hadn't lost any significant amount based on the way my clothes were fitting. But part of me just wanted to see if at least there was a pound or two in the difference. I mean, come on, I've been working out like a maniac. Surely that counteracts some of the crap I've been eating.

But NOOOOOO, I've actually gained a pound. And it's more than a bit sobering to realize that 200-300 minutes of cardio and 3 strength sessions a week are just barely maintaining my weight due solely to the fact that I have been shovelling junk in my mouth like it's going out of style.

So, truth known and spoken, here goes an honest effort to rein it back in. Today I ate the meals and snacks I brought to work with me. I avoided buying a snack with my diet pepsi and turned down a bite of chocolate bar from a coworker. My downfall today: scotch mints. They are like an addiction. So I looked at the calories today and realized I can mindlessly eat 120 calories of scotch mints in under an hour. Never mind the sugar I'm inhaling. So my goal for Thursday (next time I work) is 2 mints per hour. This has worked in the past. Here's hoping...

As for my goals:
workouts according to plan. I took 2 days off last week instead of one due to injury
morning fruit - good on workdays, not so good when I'm home
water - high 90% success rate
no eating after 8pm - every day except Saturday when I saw a movie, this trick has actually kept me from eating on more than one occasion
plan marathon training - check, sat down and did this last week and as a result am feeling both calm and panicked about the upcoming month. Calm because I know my training is thorough, doable and sesible. Panicked because I will be running more miles than I have ever run in my life. EEEEK!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.