Wednesday, April 30, 2008

UGH

Not a great day for me. Lots of junky snacks, very little food with nutritional value, two sodas and if I'm lucky 1/2 my water. Writing it down and moving on. Tomorrow is a new day.

Last night's run SUCKED. Every step was a chore even at 5 mph. And I was thinking about not working out at all today. But then I remembered an article from coolrunning.com that said you should take as many walk breaks as you needed. Granted they were talking about long runs -- like 15-20 miles long but I figured doing my 4 miles today with a lot of walk breaks was better than none at all. So I did it. There was still more walking than jogging.....I think. I didn't really watch the clock or odometer at all. I wore my new running shoes which have been taking forever to break in. Wore them the whole time. And none of it was a chore or painful. I would even run a little longer because I knew I could stop whenever i wanted. Think I'm going to do things this way until I get my mojo back.

4 comments:

Fatinah said...

I've taken a couple of running clinics and we always take running breaks. And there is tons of info out there saying interval training is good for you.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Heather said...

Hi. I'm new to your blog. Are you working towards any particular running goals? Hopefully next time will be happier running times :)

Leigh Anne said...

Fatinah : Thanks for stopping by again. I have read that about breaks but I'm worried about breaking. I'm worried that it will totally screw with my schedule and i'll never work up enough mileage to be able to do the marathon. But I'm also trying to listen to my body and not push it. Cause then I know I'll quit completely.

Sparky: I'm training for my first marathon in October. My sister and I are running it to celebrate me turning 30. HA!

Heather said...

How exciting! Can't wait to read all about it!