Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend

All right, I almost completely forgot about writing an entry. The only reason I didn't is that Stephanie over at back in skinny jeans posted about weight loss blogging. Wonder how long it takes to get in the rhythm. Maybe it's the same as any other habit LOL 21 days.

Weekend was good. I usually eat nothing but crap all weekend long. I still ate some crap but also had all of my water and 6 servings of fruits/veggies on both days. An excellent weekend for me. Last night when I was going to be I had a bit of a tummy ache and my first thought was "Must have been all of the junk I ate today". And then I thought about it and realized I only had 2 small cookies and a small bowl of ice cream all day. Even decided against the chips I was craving most of the day.

Workout wise. Yesterday I did my longest run ever -- 6 miles. I've been having some knee problems that are significantly worse since I started doing my long runs outside and I wondered if it was from increasing my mileage or running outside. So I did 6 miles on the treadmill and the knees feel better this morning than they have the last 2 Mondays post long run. Is there a better way to ease into outdoor running. Should i start with 3 miles until that doesn't hurt? Any advice.

Leigh Anne

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Leigh Ann -

I had knee problems and the best thing to do is take it easy, listen to your knee. If it starts to hurt, slow down. Also, I don't know what kind of shoes you run in...I went to a local running store and had them fit me and got some Mizuno Wave Alchemy 6's that have a lot of stability...lots of knee problems are from pronation and good shoes can help correct that problem.

Good luck on your challenge.

Leigh Anne said...

Thanks for the tip. I did ask my doctor about it at my physical and she doesn't think there is any swelling. But she did refer to a physiotherapist to see what they think.

I wear Asics, as suggested by a running store. I do need to switch to a new pair but it's slow going breaking them in. My knees aren't bothering me nearly as much this week, making me think it's due to the concrete more than anything.