Saturday, January 17, 2009

ACCOUNTABILITY

I never quite realized how much I need outside intervention to keep me focused on goals. It's really quite sad actually. I thought that weighing in every week would keep me on track throughout the week. Who wants their WW leader seeing a gain on the scale? Worked for a few weeks and 10 pounds but then it didn't seem to matter anymore.

I thought buying the 3 month tracker and writing down everything that crossed my lips would help. NOPE. Didn't keep me from eating chocolate bars (and not the regular sized ones), chips and going over my points and using up my flex points by Tuesday (week runs Sat-Sun).

Today I weighed in +1.6 pounds. Exactly what I was down last week. I expected it and it wasn't nearly disappointing enough. But as I sat through the meeting I wondered what would help me get focused on this journey and realized that I need someone looking over my shoulder. So I'm going to work with my strengths and build up my weaknesses. I asked my leader if she would look at my tracker every week and give me a little kick in the pants if I'm falling off track. And I think that is what will get me going.

Also, I want to be a little more present in the BLBE so I'm saying right here, right now that I vow to comment on at least one of Team Lynne's member blogs per day. That's a big commitment from someone trying to cut out a lot of her internet time :)

Next week you'll hear me shouting from the rooftops about my fantastic loss. Off to make some soup for my lunches this week!

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

this is the first post I've ever seen where someone has a plan to use the services available at a weight watchers meeting. I am really, really impressed. Good for you.

Lisa said...

good for you for taking advantage of the service you are paying for!! your leader is there to not only provide you with information and support, but ACCOUNTABILITY!!

check out my idea of a calendar..one that is IN YOUR FACE every day..who knows, that might help too!

good for you!!! you can do this!
xo

Amy said...

Very cool. And we can kick your bootie a bit too! :-D