Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bloggy (and non bloggy) Inspiration

I've had a few things that are really sticking with me this week from blogs and magazines.

1. In reading Runner's World, they had a 15 strength workout using nothing but a stability ball. I've been thinking I need to get back to weight training for months now but haven't had the energy to work out a plan. So I tore this out and started it today. It's tough enough to feel like a challenge but in 4-6 weeks I'll be ready to move on to something more challenging and will hopefully be ready to plan something more in depth.

2. Embracing hard - A cake for a wife blogged about this and it really kind of stuck. I think it did for a lot of people, lots of blogging about it this week LOL. And it's so true. Very often I call it in as Jillian would say and that just isn't going to cut it if I want to reach my goals.

3. I Quit...Again discussing a Month to live. I've been wanting to cut the soda out but having a really hard time with it. This post made me go HMMMMMM. I could probably do this for a week. So today is my last day for soda. Tomorrow I give it up for a week. Hopefully that will be enough to give it up for good, except for the occasional one.

4. My sister wants us to do a half marathon in October. I want to do a half marathon in October and my mother is contemplating doing it as well. Perhaps even my father and youngest sister. That just sounds really cool to me, a family event!!! But it means a lot of work given my propensity for injury.

I'm hoping that these motivational bits will keep me pushing for the next couple of weeks. I'm aiming for my 10% by the end of February - that's 5 pounds and totally doable!!!

No comments: