Friday, October 3, 2008

Regroup and Refocus (or It's a slippery slope)

Tuesday and Wednesday night DD was up through the night throwing tantrums. As a result I didn't get up to go for a run Wednesday or Thursday morning. Wednesday was fine, I'll just use it as my rest day. Thursday I made arrangements with DH to go as soon as we got home from work so I wouldn't be too tired. Except exhaustion hit around 3 pm and I felt lucky to keep my eyes open long enough to make it through the remainder of the work day and bedtime routine.

To add insult to injury I had the major nibbles on Thursday and indulged. Not just a regular Twix bar but a jumbo twix bar!!!!! We had meatball subs for dinner and I used a wrap instead of a bun and only had a few fries but nibbled on meatballs past my satiated point.

It's amazing how these 2 simple days had me ready to throw in the towel last night. But I regrouped and started today fresh. One day of poor eating choices and 2 days working out is not the end of the world and easy enough to bounce back from.

I'm going for a run tonight come hell or high water and will get in my fourth tomorrow. It completely throws off all my weekend plans but right now my fitness takes priority! And I am resisting the chocolate today although it is calling my name (must be coming up to that time of the month). I brought lots of low point healthy nibbling options to allow me to feel I can eat all day without going over my points.

Thanks for all the Woohoos on my last point. I'm determined to have more positive news after Monday night's weighin.

No comments: