Monday, August 20, 2007

DAY 3

Today is day 3 of being sugar free. It's both harder and easier than I thought it would be.

For the last couple of months I have been trying to cut back slowly, still allowing myself treats "in moderation" HA!! What a joke. So I thought for sure that cutting it out all at once would be so hard. But it hasn't. I'm hungry all the time but also seem to be eating all the time. When I'm hungry I eat but make sure to choose a low GI food. At the same time I'm not having a lot of cravings.

I believe it has to do with mindset. When I was allowed having some, I would have one or a little and then next thing you know I wanted more and more and more. Now I just think "Nope, I'm not eating that anymore". No point in even being tempted.

I will admit that I had a headache all day yesterday and have one (although less severe) today. Even that doesn't really bother me or push me off course. I was eating an insane amount of sugar and I know when my body adjusts the headaches will disappear. Same thing when I cut caffeine out or when I did the low-carb thing.

For those interested here is what I ate yesterday:

1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup sugar free pudding
canteloupe
2 scrambled eggs
1 apple
1 cup whole wheat pasta
1 cup broccoli cooked in diced tomatos
1 cup sugar free pudding
a bunch of Triscuits (every time I was hungry I grabbed a couple)

As of this morning I was down 3 pounds. And thrilled. And motivated to continue this new lifestyle. I even purchased one of the books "Living the GI Diet" yesterday and can't wait to try out some of the recipes.

How about you? What are your goals, inspirations, struggles?